Ignite is Birmingham Museums Young People’s Forum (You must be between 16 and 24 years old to join Ignite) and it is shaped and led by its members. You will contribute to the work of the Forum by inputting ideas, skills, enthusiasm, knowledge and creativity. Our team work on a whole range of projects!
What does the role involve?
- Attending Ignite meetings
- Designing and developing projects with museum staff
- Assisting in the research and design of exhibitions and displays
- Helping to increase the number of young people engaging with and visiting Birmingham Museums
- Able to work independently at times but be a good team player too
- Interest in heritage, science and/or art
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Honest, reliable and committed
- Passionate about supporting your local museums
Taking part in our Young People’s Forum is a great way of gaining experience, gives you the opportunity to have you say in the work of your local museums and you can have the rare chance to see how museums work behind the scenes.
Volunteering for Ignite can count towards the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme and Vinspired awards.
Role: Ignite Member
Where: Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and Thinktank
When: Meetings are fortnightly (Saturdays, 12.00 – 3.00) plus extra activity days in school
holidays. Attendance is flexible.
Training and support will be provided.
Want to apply? Download the application form via their website. Places will be filled on a first come first served basis. You’ll need to be available for the first meeting and training on the 9th July.