A number of new courses are springing up in the UK with one common feature – they are all appealing to a more diverse range of applicants.
This one day workshop will take place in October at the Warwick Manufacturing Centre and will look at the various new models in engineering education that are appealing to a more diverse range of applicants. The speakers will explore the various different courses and ideas that are currently in the planning with a view to sharing best practice and creating a new type of inclusive engineering education.
Date: 18 October 2016
International Digital Laboratory, Warwick Manufacturing Group, Warwick University
10.00-10.30: Registration, Coffee & Tea
10.30-10.40: Welcome & Introduction
10.40-12.15: Session 1 – New Courses in Engineering Education
13:00-14.15: Session 2 – New Concepts in Engineering Education
14.15-14.45: Coffee & Tea
14.45-16:15: Session 3 – Inclusion in Engineering Education
16:15-16:30: Closing Remarks
- Session 1: New Courses in Engineering Education
- Keynote: The Accelerated Integrated Masters Liberal Engineer Degree (AIMLED) – a new approach to Engineering Education (Karen Usher, Co-Project Leader, NMiTE, Hereford)
- Electronic Engineering (Dr Stefanie Kuenzel, Royal Holloway)
- Humanitarian Engineering (Georgia Kremmyda, Civil Engineering Degree Leader, Warwick University)
- Session 2: New Concepts in Engineering Education
- Big Ideas for Education (Peter Finegold, Institution of Mechanical Engineering)
- Integrated and Inclusive Mathematics in an Engineering Curriculum (Carol Morris, Head of School of Engineering and Innovation – Open University)
- Women Into Engineering Courses (Douglas Morrison, Curriculum Head – STEM Industry Academies, City of Glasgow College)
- Session 3: Inclusion in Engineering Education
- Inclusive Engineering: a New Module for Undergraduates (Dawn Bonfield, CEO – Women’s Engineering Society)
- Tools for Teams to Improve Inclusion (Dr Jan Peters, Director – Katalytic)
- Integrated Engineering (Emanuela Tilley, University College London)
You may also be interested in watching this video.
Register here. A small charge to cover catering costs may be requested on the day.For further details or to be included in the programme please contact Dawn Bonfield, WES Chief Executive at email@example.com. WES are very gratefully for the support of the Warwick Manufacturing Group in the use of their venue.