Think: Public Engagement with Research
Public Engagement Grants of up to £5000 are available to both Member and non-Members of The Society to promote the discussion of physiology with public audiences.
We encourage collaborative applications, including those between expert science communicators, facilitators of public engagement, artists, musicians, thespians and our Members. Please contact the Society if you would like to be connected with a physiologist.
The grant scheme aims to:
- Inspire creative public engagement with physiology
- Stimulate physiologists to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences, particularly those that are traditionally hard to reach
- Increase dialogue between researchers and the public, in particular on topics such as the relevance of research to health, medicine and performance.
- Produce materials and resources which can be used for further public engagement and outreach work.
- Deliver a better understanding of physiology to lay audiences.
- Consider longevity and legacy.
- Consider impact on both…
View original post 363 more words