The Living Well Oxford team are looking for a self-employed freelancer to join the team as the Living Well Oxford “Pop-up Shop” Manager from January 2017 until July 2017.
Living Well Oxford is a collaborative partnership between Science Oxford (the public brand of The Oxford Trust), Oxford Academic Health Science Network (Oxford AHSN) and the Oxford Health Experiences Institute. We have secured a Wellcome People Award to develop and run a 7-day “pop-up shop” of interactive activities and opportunities in May 2017, entitled “Ageing: From Birth and Beyond” which will run during Dementia Awareness Week.
The post holder will be contracted by Science Oxford and jointly managed between Science Oxford and Oxford AHSN. The post will be based at both Science Oxford, in central Oxford, and Oxford AHSN, at Oxford Science Park.
The post holder will be required to:
- Build on the development work already completed during September 2016 – January 2017.
- Organise, develop and deliver a high quality “pop-up shop” in Templars Square Shopping Centre, Cowley in May 2017.
- Work with recruited partners to ensure the “pop-up shop” activities are audience-appropriate.
- Manage the recruitment and deployment of volunteers and staff for the “pop-up shop”.
- Work with the external evaluators to help collect evaluation data.
- Manage the celebration event for “pop-up shop” participants.
- Attend a progress meeting with Wellcome and complete the interim and final reports.
- Have a DBS check.
Estimated 40 days’ work: most of the work will be concentrated in the 4-month period running up to and including the 7 days of the “pop-up shop” in May 2017.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of public engagement, preferably with health or science content.
- Strong proven project management background.
- Experience of working successfully with a range of different stakeholders.
- Experience of event coordination, public speaking and communicating to the media.
- Excellent communication skills, team working, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- The ability to plan own work schedule effectively and flexibly.
Fee: Up to £10,000 (to include all travel expenses and VAT if applicable).
Please contact Kate Castleden for further details and the full brief (which will be available on the Science Oxford website soon. The deadline for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 25th November 2016.
Interviews will be held at Science Oxford on Friday 9th December 2016.