Are you a museum looking to work with university? Or an academic wanting to work with a museum? Then the Museum University Partnership Initiative (MUPI) could be what you have been looking for.
Funded by Arts Council England, the project is offering museum staff and volunteers the opportunity to meet with academics to develop mutually beneficial partnerships. The MUPI match events cover each region of England, and are particularly targeted at small and regional museums who are ACE accredited (or working towards accreditation) who haven’t had the opportunity to work in partnership with a university. During the event there is a chance to meet academics, and to come up with partnership ideas. Participants can then apply for ‘thinking funding’ to develop their partnership approach.
You can choose to attend an event in your region, or join us for a national event. The current dates are listed below:
Regional MUPI Match events
- Yorkshire, 16 March 2017, York venue tbc
- London, 21 March 2017, London venue tbc
- South East Region, 28 March 2017, London venue tbc
- West Midlands, 26 April 2017, Birmingham venue tbc
- South West, 5 May 2017, venue tbc
- North East, 18 May 2017, venue tbc
- East Midlands, 25 May 2017, venue tbc
National MUPI sandpits
- Partnerships, London, 7 June 2017
- Designated collections, Birmingham, 14 June 2017
You can find a list of all these events and information about how to apply for your free place at www.publicengagement.ac.uk/mupi