Join us on 5th October for an interactive one-day event, Reimagining School-University Partnerships, that is designed to:
- SHARE learning and good practice from the RCUK School-University Partnerships Initiative (SUPI) – and beyond!
- INSPIRE with examples of activities and mechanisms that really work
- EXPLORE where next for school-university partnerships…
This event will bring together representatives from the 12 SUPI projects and other organisations supporting school-university partnership working in different contexts and settings. Whether you are new to this work or looking to extend and enrich your current practice, the day will provide the chance to network, reflect critically on opportunities and challenges in this space, and exchange skills, practical tips, and resources.
Thursday, 5th October, 10:00am to 4:00pm at Woburn House, London.
The event will engage with the following themes, linked to the aims of the SUPI programme and of interest to the wider sector:
- Engaging school students with authentic research (including Extended Project Qualifications)
- Strategies for sustaining school-university partnerships
- Equipping researchers to engage
- Effective engagement beyond STEM
- Co-creation models for partnership working
To book a place at this event, please follow the booking link.
What is the School-University Partnerships Initiative (SUPI)?
SUPI was a four-year programme, funded by Research Councils UK, to create structured and sustained mechanisms for universities to work in partnership with schools and colleges. Following a competitive awards process, 12 universities were tasked with developing long-term partnerships that made a difference to school students, researchers, and research. While each SUPI developed an individual approach, sensitive to contextual factors, all of the projects shared four key aims: to inspire the next generation by bringing research into formal and informal learning contexts; to reach secondary school students from a diversity of backgrounds and abilities; to provide researchers with opportunities and training to engage school students; and to create structured, strategic, sustainable, and equitable mechanisms for school-university engagement.
‘Reimagining School-University Partnerships’ draws upon the rich learning from these projects about developing robust partnerships that benefit everyone involved.