Medical Mavericks are currently looking for enthusiastic presenters to help deliver workshops and assemblies across the UK as well as visit science fair and exhibitions.
We are setting up two new hubs along side our West Midlands base in the Northwest and Essex/Northeast London regions and are looking for 2-4 people to join us for the coming academic year.
Here is a basic brief for the job, but hit reply if you want a full spec or want to apply.
Our superstar delivery team visits schools, colleges, universities and public events all around the UK (and abroad occasionally) to inspire pupils to consider their future career path or health with some pretty awesome science kit. You see we take a hospital unit and sports science lab into schools so kids can play with real medical equipment.
What kind of kit? We have everything from basic blood pressure machines up to real ultrasound machines that the students can use to see their own bones, muscles and organs in their body! We have infra-red vein scanners, ECG machines and even a piece of kit that lets you take a picture of your retina!
On the sports science side we even have a piece of kit that lets people race Usain Bolt! It’s called The Accelerator and we invented it.
We are looking for several presenters that are ideally:
- Based in the West Midlands, North West (Manchester or Liverpool), Essex or East / North region of London
- Can drive – We will provide a van for you!
- Wants to build some experience presenting and visiting lots of different schools and venues.
- Has an interest in biology, physiology, medical / health…. but again, if you just love science, that is good enough for us!
- Wants to learn about how a small business works too
Plus you get to wear scrubs.
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000
Hours per week – 40 per week
Start date: straight away!
How to apply:
Send an email, drawing, video or something that explains why you would be great at this role to: email@example.com
Head Honcho of Inspiration