The UK Space Agency invites proposals for its space for all community award scheme. This supports the education and outreach aims and objectives of the UK Space Agency education programme and encourages the use of space as an inspiring context for teaching and learning. The programme aims to address the skills needs of the space sector and raise awareness of the UK’s space programme and STEM subjects in general. Activities may:
- capitalise on the inspirational value of space to engage relevant audiences;
- demonstrate new techniques that can be repeated for larger audiences;
- enable a space-related element of a larger activity;
- develop and deliver space-related curriculum enrichment activities;
- deliver activities to promote careers in the space sector.
Individuals and organisations based in the UK may apply. Eligible organisations include academic or research institutes, charities, trusts and companies, including non-profits. They must have the support of their sponsoring organisation or work in partnership with an organisation that can receive the funds, and must nominate a referee to support the application.
The total budget is £65,000 for awards worth up to £10,000 each. Funding may cover expenses such as contributions to salaries, costs of materials and travel and subsistence.
Closing date: 15 Feb 19 by 5pm.
Contact name: Nazneen Amin