If you are a current doctoral researcher at the University of Birmingham and are interested in developing your presentation and research communication skills, raising the profile of your research and having the chance to win an international research bursary, this is for you.
After you submit your application, you will also receive expert training to help you polish your presentation skills for the heat event and the 3MT® final, where you have just three minutes to deliver an engaging presentation on your thesis topic, its originality and its significance.
Key dates are:
- Deadline to submit your application: 6 May 2016
- 3MT heats will take place on 25 May, 26 May & 27 May 2016 (venue: Gisbert Kapp Lecture Room N224)
- Birmingham 3MT final: Thursday 9 June 2016
- UK-wide 3MT semi-final: mid-July 2016
- UK-wide final: 12 September 2016
- U21 competition judged: 10 October 2016
- Birmingham 3MT 2015 Winner’s Prize: £500 research travel bursary.
- U21 overall first prize: Travel bursary to a fellow U21 institution to the value of $2,500.
To register to take part in the 2016 Birmingham Three Minute Thesis Competition, please complete the application form.