The Microbiology Society invites applications for its education and outreach grants. These support relevant science teaching or promotion initiatives, or developments likely to lead to an improvement in the teaching of any aspect of microbiology. For full and postgraduate student members these may support a variety of educational outreach activities to promote public engagement with microbiology. For full concessionary members working at schools these may support:
- organising a visit to or from a working microbiologist;
- running a school- or college-based science week activity;
- supporting microbiology activities in an out-of-school science club;
- buying materials and equipment outside of normal department resources to support a microbiology activity;
- a class visit to a microbiology laboratory to carry out activities.
Applications from full, full concessionary or postgraduate student members residing in the UK or Ireland are welcomed. Applications relevant to the teaching of any aspect of microbiology in primary, secondary or tertiary, including postgraduate, will be considered.
Awards are worth up to £1,000 each, and may cover costs for teaching materials and equipment, visits and salaries. Closing date is 1st October 2017.