Do you want to increase secondary school student engagement in neuroscience? Could you help raise the profile of neurosciences, and inspire youngsters interested in this science field? Then become a Brain Bee Ambassador!
As a Brain Bee Ambassador, you’ll be your region’s champion for neurosciences, bringing the many different flavours of neurosciences and science engagement together, and you’ll encourage students to compete in the England Brain Bee.
As part of this role, you’ll be expected to:
- promote the Brain Bee and neurosciences in your region schools by participating in festivals and sending promotional materials to schools
- visit schools, give science and careers talks OR visit schools and show brain dissections
- organise a regional Brain Bee competition and select a regional winner (a goal for 2019 competition)
- manage volunteers to help with your neuroscience outreach activities in your region
- fundraise for the initiative (organise bake sales, pub quizzes, community fundraising)
- have fun…bzzz!
What can we offer you?
- Support you with training and DBS check.
- Networking opportunities with the most influential scientists, policy makers and public engagement specialists.
- Team building events and regular meetings,
- Support your on-going career with job references
- Provide an accredited certificate of your contribution to science outreach for your portfolio.
- Reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses
- A great opportunity to be part of an amazing team, shaping a new charity that will make a big impact to the lives of young people.
University of Aberdeen
BSc Biomedical sciences (Anatomy)