The Royal College of Pathologists invites nominations for the Furness prize for science communication. This recognises a pathology trainee who has undertaken sustained high-quality science communication activities and has contributed significantly to the field. Activities include:
- developing resources for teachers and students;
- organising outreach sessions;
- producing high quality public dialogue events;
- working with other organisations, such as museums and charities and evaluated their activities;
- encouraged colleagues to take part in science communication activities.
All pathology trainees in the UK are eligible for nomination. Trainees must have been in a training post while undertaking the work for which they are nominated. Candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by a colleague.
The prize is worth £200, and the winner will be invited to receive their prize at the college’s New Fellow’s Ceremony in London on 1 February 2018. The winner will be able to bring a guest and the cost of travel to the ceremony will be reimbursed.
Closing date is 5pm, 10th January 2018.