The Royal Society of Chemistry is offering large grants, £2,000 to £10,000, to support public and schools engagement events and activities.
The grant scheme, which is open to both members and non-members, is designed to support schools engagement activities that aim to:
- enrich student’s chemistry education and not solely deliver the curriculum
- provide students with opportunities to explore chemistry through local contexts, AND/OR
- demonstrate career opportunities and develop employability skills, AND/OR
- provide opportunities which would not normally be accessible to the students taking part, e.g for hard-to-reach student audiences.
and public engagement activities that will:
- increase chemists’ visibility as approachable people AND/OR
- increase the publics’ confidence in discussing chemistry AND/OR
- demonstrate the relevance of chemistry to everyday interests and concerns
We are especially keen to receive applications that will provide new opportunities for our members to train and participate in public or schools engagement events.
I am happy to discuss project ideas, connect you with chemistry expertise in our community and provide help with any other queries.
The next deadline for applications to the Large grant scheme is Monday 3 July.
For projects on a smaller scale and applicants seeking to pilot new ideas we also offer Small grants, up to £2,000, open year-round. The next deadline for applications is Monday 2 October.
For further information and to apply visit: http://www.rsc.org/awards-funding/funding/outreach-fund/.